Take this civics quiz
1. Why did delegates gather in Philadelphia in the summer of 1787?
a. To write the Declaration of Independence
b. To amend the Articles of Confederation
c. To write the Pledge of Allegiance
2. Which state was the first to ratify the Constitution?
3. The first day Congress conducted business under the Constitution was April 6, 1789. What else did it do?
4. What portion of states is required to ratify an amendment to the Constitution?
5. True or False: The vice president is president of the Senate and has full voting privileges.
6. True or False: The Constitution does not require the speaker of the House to be a member of the body.
7. Who did not sign the Constitution?
a. Thomas Jefferson
b. Alexander Hamilton
c. Daniel Carroll
8. What is the total length of time a president can serve?
a. Eight years
b. 10 years
c. 11 years
9. Which amendment guarantees trial by jury?
10. True or False: The House has approved an amendment prohibiting physical desecration of the American flag, but the Senate has not.
1. b; 2. b; 3. Count ballots cast earlier and declare George Washington the first president; 4. c; 5. False; 6. True; 7. a; 8. b; 9. Sixth; 10. True