Thieves take woman’s birth certificates, other papers
A burglar cleaned a Kannapolis woman out of her personal papers as well as jewelry, according to a Rowan County Sheriff’s Department report.
Tiffany Sloop Leffew, of 1075 Westchester Drive, reported the thief or thieves took birth certificates, Social Security cards and vehicle titles, as well as gold and silver jewelry the night of Sept. 20.
In other Sheriff’s Office reports:
• Charles Herman Sechler reported $2,900 stolen from his home at 1080 N.C. 153, China Grove, between Aug. 10 and Sept. 7.
• Kenny Ray Orbison, 2545 China Grove Road, China Grove, reported someone shot into his occupied home about 10:30 p.m. Sept. 9.
• Carolyn Lucas, 7530 Spring Acres Drive, Kannapolis, reported a mower stolen from her carport the night of Sept. 8.
• Cristina Espinoza Villegas, 160 Darlington Drive, China Grove, reported items stolen during a Sept. 10 break-in at her home.
• Jack Benny Alexander of China Grove, reported the Sept. 3 theft of a cell phone from 1580 S. Main St.
• Jeffrey Todd Okula, 1020 Oakdale Court, China Grove, reported two go-carts stolen from his property Sept. 9 or 10. Total loss was $1,000.
• Jamie Wilson, 25, was charged Sept. 10 with injury to personal property at 175 Cannon Farm Road, China Grove.
• James Terry Hosch, 48, was charged Sept. 11 with failing to register as a sex offender at 109 S. Main St., China Grove. His bond was set at $2,500.
• Antonio Castaneda Alonso of Lexington reported Sept. 11 that his 1996 Dodge van valued at $6,000 was stolen from I-85 at China Grove between May 27 and June 1.
• Brittany Nicole Weaver was charged Sept. 13 with simple possession of marijuana at 6637 Wright Road, Kannapolis.
• Joan Richardson Godwin, 106 Biltmore Ave., Kannapolis, reported vandals broke a window, causing $1,000 damage, at her home Sept. 12.
• Terry Lane Graham, 54, was charged Sept. 13 with assault on a female based on a complaint by Sylvia Troutman Graham, 107 Rutledge St., China Grove.
• James Randall Blevins reported someone shot the windshield in his vehicle Sept. 13 at 8688 Dogwood Drive, Kannapolis.
• Edward Blake Ashworth, 2520 Ritchie Road, China Grove, reported two motorcycles were stolen from his property between Sept. 4 and 14. Total loss was $6,400.
• Brian Keith Ritchie, 30, 2155 U.S. 29, China Grove, was charged Sept. 15 with felony obtaining property by false pretense. He is accused of selling stolen property to China Grove Gun and Pawn Shop on Sept. 4.
• Wilmer Jesus Garcia, 710 Lake Wright Road, China Grove, reported vandals damaged his mailbox Sept. 14.
• Johnny Ringo Wallace, 34, was charged Sept. 15 with assault on a female, simple assault and second-degree trespassing at 5945 W. N.C. 152, China Grove, based on a complaint by Elizabeth Marie Garmon, 7550 Brancy St., Kannapolis. His bond was set at $2,500.
• Shannea Doris Figgs, 114 Psalm St., Kannapolis, reported her wallet stolen during a burglary at her home the night of Sept. 15.
• Mattie Jean Morris, 2103 W. C St., Kannapolis, reported the Sept. 16 theft of a bicycle from her porch.
• Donald Ray Fortner, 46, was charged Sept. 17 with assault by strangulation at 267 Old Cress Road, China Grove, based on a complaint by Cassendra A. Seaman.
• Joshua David Lanham, 24, was charged Sept. 18 with felony breaking and entering a building owned by Vic Alan Mullis at 320 Spring Garden Ave., Kannapolis. His bond was set at $1,000.
• Katherine E. McGuire of China Grove reported Sept. 18 that someone obtained a credit card in her name Sept. 11 and has since charged items on it.
• Henry Lee Goodnight, 275 Saw Road, China Grove, reported vandals broke a window in his vehicle while it was parked at his home Sept. 18.
• Billy Wilson Lane, 1726 N. Main St., China Grove, reported someone broke into his storage shed between Sept. 17 and 19 and stole items valued at $558.
• Heather Elaine Peninger, 1685 Lentz Road, China Grove, reported her trash can was stolen Sept. 19 from where she had placed it beside the road for trash collection
• Jason Wayne Dixon, 28, 515 Moon Circle, Salisbury, was charged with felony larceny. He is accused of stealing $480 worth of items from a vehicle owned by Joseph Daniel Black of China Grove while it was parked at 6200 S. Main St. Sept. 19.
• Diane Overcash Lane, 175 Brookhaven Drive, Kannapolis, reported the theft of a $300 digital camera from her home the night of Sept. 20.
• Billy F. Walters, 8139 Longbriar Drive, Kannapolis, reported two guns and a box of coins stolen during a Sept. 22 burglary at his home. Total loss was $1,440.
• Rebecca Hurst, 51, was charged Sept. 20 with second-degree trespassing at 309 Phillip St., China Grove.
• Clayton Palmer, 41, was charged Sept. 22 with simple assault at 6653 Roberts Drive, Kannapolis.
• Wayne Mitchell Anderson of Kannapolis reported he had been the victim of credit card fraud between April 8 and Sept. 22 at 1050 Sidney Drive.
• Billy F. Walters, 8139 Longbriar Drive, Kannapolis, reported items stolen during a Sept. 22 burglary at his home.
• Kermit Glenn Parks, 130 Parks Drive, Kannapolis, reported two plows, a scrap blade and hitches stolen from his property the night of Sept. 22. Total loss was $3,000.
• Christopher Todd Peeler, 24, was charged Sept. 25 with felony larceny at 219 Tanglewood Drive, Kannapolis.
He is accused of stealing automobile accessories valued at $5,205 from Joe Ervin Grading, 350 Ervin Woods Drive, Kannapolis, the night of Sept. 23. Earlier this week, he remained in the Rowan County Detention Center under $5,000 bond.
• Bobby Gene Austin, 135 Cedar Ridge Lane, China Grove, reported Sept. 25 that a handgun, holster and ammunition had been stolen from his home between April 15 and June 1. The items are valued at $286.