Man faces another charge, higher bond in sex case
Kannapolis police investigators have added at least one more charge against a Kannapolis man already accused of multiple sex offenses against two girls, ages 10 and 11.
According to a Police Department arrest log, Billy Joe Tysinger, who celebrated his 37th birthday in jail this week, was charged with another sex-related crime, and a magistrate increased his bond $25,000, to $275,000.
The investigation began July 31, after the mother of one of the victims came to the Police Department and filed a report.
During the course of the investigation, detectives learned the abuse may have been going on for several months. Detectives conducted numerous interviews during the investigation, which led to sufficient probable cause to arrest Tysinger on the charges.
Detectives arrested Tysinger, of 302 Easy St., in mid-August, when he turned himself in.
According to the Cabarrus County Sheriff’s Office Web site, Tysinger is charged with one count of first-degree sexual offense againsty a child and four counts of first-degree sexual exploitation of a minor.
Kannapolis police officials were not available to clarify the new charge against Tysiner.
A Kannapolis couple and a Charlotte man were arrested Oct. 19 in local break-ins.
Cabarrus County Sheriff’s Deputies Lisk and Logan charged Danielle Trujano, 18, 1097 Gaddy Mobile Home Park, Kannapolis, with attempted larceny, two counts each of breaking and entering and larceny after B&E, as well as attempted larceny.
The deputies also charged Christian Rodriguez, 23, 1097 Gaddy Mobile Home Park, Kannapolis, and Joshua Lee Banda, 18, 738 Yorkdale Drive, Charlotte, with one count of breaking and entering and larceny after a break-in as well as attempted larceny.
The three were placed in the Cabarrus County Jail under varying bonds: Trujano, $500 bond; Banda, $1,000; and Rodriguez, $4,000.
Other arrests and incidents reported by the Kannapolis Police Department include:
• Jenny Lynn Payne, 34, also known as Jennye Lynn Britt, 7701 Bay Meadows Circle W.; driving with revoked license, failure to appear on earlier charges of driving while impaired and with revoked license, leaving scene of accident involving property damage and misdemeanor larceny; $4,500 bond; Oct. 11.
• Angela Denise Sawyer, 37, 138 Waco Ave.; failure to appear on charges of breaking and entering, second-degree trespassing and resisting an officer; Oct. 10.
• Lori Hoover, 21, 2503 Runningbrook Drive; worthless checks; Oct. 11.
• Gloria Murdock Hannah, 48, 223 N. Little Texas Road; worthless checks; Oct. 10.
• Lillian Rezaei, 51, 1662 Barbara Ann Circle; worthless checks; Oct. 10.
• Husain Topeka Cosby, 41, 1028 Lenwood Ave.; driving while impaired (.09 blood-alcohol test), with revoked license and open container of alcohol in vehicle, inspection violation, no vehicle registration; $500 bond; Oct. 10.
• Mahew Blackwood Bready, 42, 210 Zana Lane, China Grove; driving while impaired; $5,000 bond; Oct. 10.
• Brian Garrett Roach, 29, 206 Carwen Court; violating court order restricting his access to Mary Roach, 28; $2,000 bond; Oct. 11.
• Albert William King, 47, 1145 Sunset Drive; driving while impaired and with open container of alcohol, red light violation, possession of drug paraphernalia; written promise to appear in court; Oct. 11.
• Orlando Raphiel “Land Mine” Torrence, 21, 115 Wayne Ave.; no operator’s license; $1,000 bond; Oct. 10.
• Merideth Simmons, 18, 155 Chasity Lane; driving while impaired (.07 blood-alcohol test) and DWI with provisional license, no operator’s license, rear light violation; Oct. 11.
• Alexander Ray Bass, 22, 128 Congress Ave., Gastonia; resisting an officer; $500 bond; Oct. 11.
• John Alexander Bass, 45, 216 Westover Ave.; resisting an officer; $500 bond; Oct. 11.
• Herbert Lee Carter, 46, 804 Grace Ave.; driving while impaired (.08 blood-alcohol test); written promise; Oct. 12.
• Jason Lawrence Byrd, 27, 1632 Bernard Ave.; fugitive from another state; $1,000 bond; Oct. 12.
• Derrick Alston, 20, 425 S. Little Texas Road; possession of stolen property (allegedly two handguns belonging to Charles Britt, 72); Oct. 12.
• Samantha Ann Kesler, 23, 216 Balfour Drive; engaging in prostitution, failure to appear on earlier charge; $2,500 bond; 1:15 p.m. Oct. 12.
• Troy Andreas Barnes, 29, 972 Stone Throw Drive, Concord; expired vehicle registration, possession of drug paraphernalia, misdemeanor possession of marijuana; $500 bond; Oct. 12.
• Brad Bailey, 31, 4029 Moore Duncan Hwy.; motor vehicle (truck) theft; 11:50 a.m. Oct. 13.
• Kelly Overcash, 47, 4501 Windy Road; driving while impaired; $500 bond; 12:15 p.m. Oct. 13. (An earlier version of this article in the Kannapolis Citizen and online INCORRECTLY identified Kelly Horne Overcash, 45, as the person charged. Kelly Horne Overcash, 45, of 2600 Lamplighter Drive, Kannapolis, is NOT the person charged.)
• James Earl Logue, 49, 4190 Deans Bridge Road, Hephzibah, Ga.; possession of stolen property (allegedly a vehicle); $2,000 bond; 12:15 a.m. Oct. 13.
• Larry Dean Logue, 58, 4190 Deans Bridge Road, Hephzibah, Ga.; possession of stolen property (allegedly a vehicle), giving false information to an officer; $2,000 bond; 12:15 a.m. Oct. 13.
• James Michael Boone, 50, 909 Skyland St.; worthless checks ($166.71); $297 bond; 8:15 p.m. Oct. 14.
• Christopher William Moat, 23, 2005 Ashley Road, Charlotte; forgery, uttering forged instrument, identity theft, possessing forged instrument, resisting an officer, failure to appear on driving with revoked license charge (allegedly Moat and two others — a woman, 22, and an 18-year-old male — passed a forged check at STI Turf Care Equipment); $58,000 bond; 4 p.m. Oct. 14.
• Renato McCray, 42, 316 Rogers Lake Road E.; worthless checks; Oct. 15.
• Patty Jean Wilhelm, 34, 914 Haley St.; failure to appear on worthless check charge; $500 bond; Oct. 15.
• Tiesha Shadia Jordan, 20, 2504 Running Brook Drive; assault on a child younger than 12; Oct. 17.
• John Daniel Farmer, 22, streets of Kannapolis; burglary and entering, larceny; $10,000 bond; Oct. 16.
• Cameron Joseph Allen, 31, 203 Coopers Ridge Drive; drunk and disruptive, possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia; $171 bond; Oct. 16.
• Charles Darnell Thomas, 37, 426 Woodcrest Lane, Albemarle; violating domestic protection order (allegedly by going to the children’s day care); $500 bond; Oct. 16.
• William Carey, 25, 313 Bethpage Road; no liability insurance, failure to appear on charges of driving with revoked license, fictitious tag, inspection violation; $1,000 bond; Oct. 16.
• Mark Showalter, 21, 7517 Blythwood Lane; driving while impaired (.13 blood-alcohol test), possession of drug paraphernalia; Oct. 17.
• Kareem Quadir Miles, also known as Quadir Boynton, 26, 621A Leonard Ave.; possession of a firearm by a felon (allegedly a semiautomatic handgun in his residence), disorderly conduct, resisting an officer, felony probation violation (seven counts); $161,000 bond; Oct. 17.
• Morris Terry, 51, Urban Ministry, College Street; fraud (allegedly attempting to pass a counterfeit check at First Bank); Oct. 17.
• Quincy Lamont Love, 17, 1241 Forest Park Drive; leaving an accident involving property damage, no operator’s license, possession of schedule I controlled substance, possession with intent to sell and deliver marijuana, failure to appear on charge of possession of a handgun by a minor; $10,511 bond; Oct. 17.
• Jerrell Cannon, 17, 1475 Oakwood Ave.; possession of drug paraphernalia, possession with intent to sell and deliver marijuana, passenger failing to give information or aid; $10,000 bond; Oct. 17.
• Joseph Michael Cannon, 52, 210 Eddleman Road; unsafe movement, driving while impaired (.13 blood-alcohol test) and with revoked license and open container of alcohol; Oct. 17.
• John Junior “Lil John” Kearney, 26, 1216 Milton Ave.; failure to appear on driving with revoked license charge; Oct. 17.
• Jerry Dunlap, 47, 505 Peace Haven Road; worthless checks ($411.11); Oct. 18.
• Herman Clarence Johnson, 49, 1431 Dale Earnhardt Blvd.; harassing phone call; Oct. 18.
• McGail Davis, 44, 2512 Runningbrook Drive; worthless check ($10.16); Oct. 19.
• Robert Thomas, 55, 213 Rice St.; worthless check ($64.54); Oct. 19.
• Larson Nevada Flock, 18, 723 Evelyn Ave.; simple assault; Oct. 19.
• Regnisha Patrice Brewer, 25, 111 Dallas St.; no operator’s license; $500 bond; Oct. 19.
• On Oct. 10, Carolina Pizza Hut reported a 49-year-old man threw a boulder through a drive-through window.
• On Oct. 11, Rachel Wagoner, 26, of Capstone Investments, reported a 41-year-old man broke a side window and took items from the business.
• On Oct. 11, Roger Smith, 40, reported a 24-year-old woman stole and cashed his checks.
• On Oct. 11, Super Target employees reported a 32-year-old man concealed items under his shirt in the store.
• On Oct. 11, Audrey Walter, 59, reported the theft of her wallet from her pocketbook.
• On Oct. 12, Demario Hopper, 19, Kalah Green, 18, and Xavier Parks, 17, reported someone fired into their vehicle.
• On Oct. 12, Rushco no. 6 reported a customer paid with a counterfeit $5 bill.
• On Oct. 12, officers investigated a report that a 32-year-old man neglected the welfare of a 3-year-old.
• On Oct. 12, David Roman, 43, reported a 22-year-old man pried open the back door of Roman’s home.
• On Oct. 12, Rugged Warehouse reported a 44-year-old man sticking items in his pants and leaving the business.
• On Oct. 12, officers questioned two men, ages 25 and 29, at an unspecified location about having a schedule VI controlled substance and drug paraphernalia.
• On 11:04 a.m. Oct. 13, officers questioned a 14-year-old about firing an air rifle inside the city limits.
• On 11:20 a.m. Oct. 13, Tena Steen, 46, reported her wallet stolen from her purse when it was unattended.
• At 1 p.m. Oct. 13, Sherri Robinson, 43, reported money withdrawn from her account without her permission.
• At 4:04 p.m. Oct. 13, Glynn Davidson, 20, reported someone used her identity to fraudulently secure a loan.
• At 8:46 p.m. Oct. 13, officers responded a fight between Michael Purvis, 37, and Misty Westberry, 32, at an unspecified location.
• At 11:22 p.m. Oct. 13, taxi driver Derrick Upright, 38, reported being robbed at gunpoint at an unspecified location.
• At 7:33 a.m. Oct. 14, El Compadre reported vandals threw rocks through the glass in the front door of the business.
• At 8:48 a.m. Oct. 14, officers investigated a person “attempting to purchase gas with a counterfeit $20” at an unspecified business.
• At 8:40 a.m. Oct. 14, officers responded to a report of a 49-year-old man coming to work at Rowan-Cabarrus Community College “while alcohol remained in (his) body.”
• At 9:59 a.m. Oct. 14, Super Target no. 2169 reported a 26-year-old man removing items from their package, hiding them in his clothing and trying to leave the store.
• At 2:57 p.m. Oct. 14, Carolina Marquez, 18, reported a thief broke a window to gete into her home and steal jewelry.
• At 10:24 a.m. Oct. 14, officers questioned a 48-year-old man about cursing loudly outside his home.
• At 5 a.m. Oct. 15, officers responded to a report of a 52-year-old man dying after being ill recently.
• On Oct. 15, officers questioned a 26-year-old man at an unspecified hotel about “possessing illegal items inside (his) hotel room.”
• On Oct. 15, officers responded to a report that Keith Rattz, 16, is missing.
• On Oct. 15, Alisha Smith, 33, reported a vehicle taken without permission.
• On Oct. 15, Corenthai Campbell, 55, and Tony Campbell, 21, reported someone kicked open their back door and entered their home.
• On Oct. 16, Roger Knotts, 51, reported he was robbed at gunpoint.
• On Oct. 15, Deborah Swearingen, 53, reported the license plate stolen from her vehicle.
• On Oct. 15, Tammy Stirewalt, 37, reported a 22-year-old man entered her residence through a window and stole items.
• On Oct. 16, officers investigated a report that a 46-year-old may have abused three children, ages 6, 7 and 10.
• On Oct. 16, Tyreem Flake, 29, reported a 22-year-old man broke into his home and stole an X-Box 360.
• On Oct. 16, officers investigated a report of a missing 16-year-old.
• On Oct. 16, Willie Moore, 58, reported a cross bow stolen from his vehicle.
• On Oct. 16, Melinda Hildreth, 20, reported a stereo/CD player stolen from her vehicle.
• On Oct. 16, Austin Mitchem reported items stolen from his unlocked vehicle.
• On Oct. 16, officers investigated a report of a drunken driver.
• On Oct. 17, Alfred Manuel, 20, and Beverly Manuel, 48, reported someone used their credit card number without permission.
• On Oct. 16, officers investigated a report that a 37-year-old allowed two minors, 11 and 12, to view pornographic magazines.
• On Oct. 16, officers investigated a report of a person forcing a 15-year-old to have sex against the teen’s will.
• On Oct. 17, Ktown Cars reported windows broken and TV/stereo equipment taken.
• On Oct. 17, Tonya Thompson, 36, reported her debit card was stolen and used “numerous times” at gas stations.
• On Oct. 17, Beverly Manuel, 48, and Alfred Manuel, 20, reported the use of a credit card without their permission.
• On Oct. 17, Target Superstore reported a man, 22, and woman, 21, cutting items from packaging and concealing them.
• On Oct. 17, Clifton Baker, 46, reported a 25-year-old man took guns from Baker’s bedroom closet.
• On Oct. 17, officers investigated a report of a 38-year-old man trying to call in a prescription to a pharmacy as if he was a doctor.
• On Oct. 18, officer investigated a report of a 20-year-old man kidnapping a 14-year-old girl from in front of her home and raping here.
• On Oct. 19, JBR Credit Car Co. reported a car taken without permission.
• On Oct. 19, officers questioned an 18-year-old male at an unspecified location about having marijuana, a marijuana pipe and an open container of alcohol.
• On Oct. 19, officers investigated a report that a 47-year-old man left a suicide note on a person’s answering machine.
• On Oct. 20, Atreus Homes reported a front door kicked in at an unspecified location.
Cabarrus County Sheriff’s Office
Teen neighbor charged
Two residents of Roundcliff Drive in Concord reported thefts and break-ins on Oct. 14.
And two Cabarrus County sheriff’s deputies arrested one of their teenage neighbors the same day on those and several other charges.
According to the Cabarrus sheriff’s Web site, Jeremy Scott Green, 19, 3431 Roundcliff Drive, Concord, remained in the Cabarrus County Jail under $40,000 bond. Green previously lived at 1606 Frederick Ave. in Kannapolis.
Deputies M. Isenhour and D. Lisk charged Green with breaking and entering a motor vehicle (two counts), misdemeanor larceny (three counts), attempted B&E of an outbuilding, breaking and/or entering, possession of burglary tools and resisting an officer.
One of Green’s neighors, Robert D. Stuck, 47, of 3425 Roundcliff Drive, reported the theft of change from his vehicle and an attempt to break into his outbuilding.
The other neighbor, David L. Edenburn, 56, 3414 Roundcliff Drive, reported $171 in items taken from his vehicle.
• Dennis Alvin Herndon, 27, 1620 W. A St., Kannapolis; failure to change driver’s license address; written promise to appear in court; Oct. 13; Deputy Harvey.
• Eduardo Hernandez, 31, 410 Cypress Ave., Kannapolis; failure to appear on assault on a female charge; $500 bond; Deputy Wilson.
• Kenneth Alan Helms, 38, 3515 Glen Haven Drive, 2320 N.C. 73, Concord; failure to pay child support; $1,451.98 bond; Harvey.
• Kelly L. Furr, 31, 5967 Rocky River Road, Concord; worthless check; written promise; Oct. 13; Lt. James.
• Lisa Burris Brown, 36, 243 Elm St., Stanfield; failure to appear on simple assault charge; $1,000 bond; Deputy Ford.
• Matthew Scott Lucas, 17, 160 Wal-Hallow Lane, Mooresville; possession of hydrocodone; $1,500 bond; Oct. 13; Deputy Brown.
• Curtis Russell Lloyd, 29, 16387 Buster Road, Oakboro; misdemeanor larceny; written promise; Oct. 13; Deputy D. Hinson.
• Nicholas P. Parente, 27, 4144 Old Glory Drive, Concord; harassing phone calls, communicating threats; $2,000 bond; Oct. 14; Deputy Blakely.
• Garrett Rorbert Zabloudil, 28, 500 Hillandale Ave., Concord; fugitive warrant; $100,000 bond; Oct. 14; Deputy Moreau.
• Valerie G. Mason, 50, 98 Tribune St., Concord; failure to appear on forgery, uttering and worthless check charges; $3,000 bond; Oct. 14; Deputy Tart.
• Randall C. Bush, 55, 9518 Rocky River Road, Harrisburg; communicating threats, harassing phone calls; written promise; Oct. 15; Sgt. Tierney.
• Kenneth Dwayne Freeman, 35, 1425 B St., Mount Pleasant; misdemeanor possession of schedule VI and IV controlled substances; written promise to appear; Oct. 17; Deputy J. Harless.
• Selwyn L. Johnson 42, 5319 Colberg St., Charlotte; failure to appear on possession of drug paraphernalia charge; $250 bond; Oct. 17; Burchett.
• Jamie L. Wagner, 20, 9816 Bonita Lane, Charlotte; failure to appear on charges of driving after consuming alcohol and speeding; $2,000 bond; Oct. 17; Deputy J. Rhinehardt.
• Pearl Heyward Gabbard, 45, 832 N.C. 200, Stanfield, also 108 Creek Valley Drive Charlotte; four counts each of forgery and uttering forged instrument; $50,000 bond; Oct. 17; Deputy B. Schmitt.
Additional count of obtaining property by false pretense (Hendersonville) added Oct. 18; additional $15,000 bond; Deputy Fisher.
• Jeana R. Mirco, 25, 216 Wakefield Drive, Charlotte; driving while impaired and left of center, speeding; written promise; Oct. 17; Tierney.
• Mark Duane Stewart, 29, 401 S. Fourth St., Fairfax, Mo.; driving while impaired; $1,000 bond; Oct. 18; Deputy S. Zeman.
• James Michael McDermott, 37, 4677 Club View Drive, Concord; possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia; written promise to appear; Oct. 18; Deputy Brown.
• James Elliott Mumford, 30, 12523 Clackwyck Lane, Charlotte; driving with revoked license, possession of marijuana, expired tag, knowingly displaying an expired tag; $250 bond; Oct. 19; Logan.
• Jeremy Abdull Cruse, 27, 249 Bellhaven Place, Concord; failure to appear on nonpayment of child support order ($1,750), domestic assault on a female; no bond; Oct. 19; Sgt. Wallace.
• Donna Kay Helms, 37, 750 Gladden Place, Concord; domestic assault; no bond; Oct. 19; Deputy Harvey.
• Edward Lynn Brown, 37, 2847 Barnfield Drive, Concord; domestic Assault; no bond; Oct. 19; Tierney.
• On Oct. 19, William N. Safrit, 27, 405 Franklin Ave., Kannapolis, reported three people stole $1,200 in items from his home under construction at 5766 Miller Road, Kannapolis. Logan.
• On Oct. 19, Ruth K. Misenheimer, 88, 7748 Gold Hill Road, Rockwell, reported someone caused $250 damage kicking her back door, trying to enter her home. Deputy M. Elliott.
• On Oct. 19, Joe C. Rinehardt, 76, 5640 Rimer Road, Rockwell, reported $1,864 in items stolen from his home. Elliott.
• On Oct. 12, Jody Dutcher Hunter, 51, 1389 Whitman Drive, Concord, reported a break-in to her 2001 Jeep, causing $375 damage. Nothing was taken. Smith.
• On Oct. 13, Audrey Bridges reported finding her husband, Arthur O. Bridges, 74, 4701 Willow Glen Road, Harrisburg, deceased, apparently of natural causes. Deputy Edwards.
• On Oct. 13, Misael L. Santos, 36, 6200 Flowes Store Road, Concord, reported $150 in items stolen from his vehicle. Lisk.
• On Oct. 14, Nicholas P. Parente, 27, 4144 Old Glory Drive, Concord, reported the theft of his $3,000 1994 Mazda 626 from his home. Deputy Blakely.
• On Oct. 14, Trina Roper, a group home employee, reported Alyssa T. Yates, 15, 1395 Mistletoe Ridge, Concord, missing after she did not return from Northwest Cabarrus High School. Alyssa is 5 feet 4 inches tall and 106 pounds, with blue eyes and brown hair and wearing blue jeans and a pink sweather. Moreau.
• On Oct. 14, Jose L. Orozco, 39, 6926 Zion Church Road, Concord, reported his $1,400 riding lawn mower stolen. Blakely.